I seldom do my cooking during the weekend :P....In order to have enough time to snap photos for pictorials on the bento making, I get myself to make a bento on last Saturday.
Monkey is fried tofu （豆干）, cheese and nori for its face details. Sweet peas for the ladder, nori sheet and inari / aburage for the brick wall.
Food in the box are sauteed eggplant with dried shrimp, sweet sour squids, sakura tamagoyaki, cherry tomatoes, English parsley (香芹) and lettuce.
And I'm going to show you guys the pictorials on how this bento get done :)
1) get ready the tamagoyaki and a sakura thin egg sheet.
2) wrapped the tamagoyaki with the sakura thin egg sheet.
3) and this is the ready cut sakura tamagoyaki.
4) cut out the monkey head from the tofu.
5) cut out the monkey ears too and deep fry both the head and ears, set aside for cool.
6) cut out the monkey face which was outlined on a baking sheet.
7) stick the paper on a piece of cheese and start cut out monkey face by using either a tooth pick or cake texture. After done the cutting, you can just keep it in the fridge before use.
8) now, we assemble monkey ears and head with spaghetti sticks.
9) take out the cheese and put it on the fried tofu, and add the details which were cut out from nori sheet, set aside.
10) prepare some vegetables.
11) scoop the rice into lunch box and press lightly with a cling wrap.
12) prepare a sheet of nori and a piece of inari (fried tofu pouch)
13) wrap 3/4 of the rice with the nori sheet and get it back into lunch box after done.
14) cut the inari into brick blocks and arrange them on the nori, as the brick wall. And get some lettuce into the lunch box.
15) arrange the dishes accordingly.
16) cut some blanched sweet pea and arrange it into a ladder.
17) lastly, put in the monkey.